Monday, April 12, 2010

IF- LINK

Heres my illustration for Illustration Friday topic LINK.

IF-LINK

I illustrated this using a variety of mixed media including: ink, pencil crayons, gouache paint, and water colour on a 10x15 Bainbridge Illustration board.

The idea is just two people with a link between their hearts.... pretty simple and self explanatory.

Here's the rough sketches below done with a blue ballpoint pen... I did these while at work.... they are actually four seperate drawings that I scanned and then compiled together in photoshop. One drawing was the guy, one was the girl, one was the hearts and one for the clouds.

IF-LINKscan

4 comments:

  1. I really like the style! The painting on the hearts has a great look and texture, awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, awesome!the texture and color choice is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. Looks like it took you a long time. Very "Tim Burtonesque". Looks like you spent a fair amount of time at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks peoples... and ummm yeah it did take a long time... it was the hearts with the awesome textures I guess.

    ReplyDelete